Sunday, September 11, 2005

itching like crazy..is it meds, food, nerves--what?

i dont know if i have eaten something or touched something that i'm allergic to, but this itching that i' m doing is driving me nuttier than squirrel shit. it feels like a sensation of tiny bugs crawling inside my skin, and i cant seem to stop scratching. maybe i'm allergic to one of my meds, i dunno. but ever since yesterday when i killed this ginormous cockroach i've been having this tingling sensation thru out my whole body...it's like a million tiny fleas or ants have gotten under my skin and is making me itch like a junkie needing a fix. i have been using my prescription cortisone ointment on the parts of me that have broken out in a raging rash, i.e, the side of my belly, the tops of my left breast (and it seems like its working its way to the right one) and yesterday i had a tiny bump which looked like a small bite and it itched profusely. this itching sensation is working its way to my back and i pray to God i dont break out all over like i did a few years back -- and on this date - September 11. i had broke out in a horrible rash and i had no clue as to where it came from. i wound up taking steroid meds and using the ointment to stop the rash. because my mattress is on the floor, i certainly hope that big ass bug didnt bite me.....and no i do not have roaches in my place, i just happened to look out of the corner of my eye and saw it crawling along the kitchen floor. i immediately got the broom and killed that fucker and flushed it down the toilet. now i'm paranoid that there may be another one lurking in my house somewhere, and it's got me freaking the hell out.

also, i've been sitting here at this computer for most of the day, reading blogs and rocking back and forth. i did manage to un-zone and make a meat loaf and some baked potatoes in the microwave, and then after that, right back in front of the computer looking at blogs and rocking back and forth and occasionally spacing out and scratching like as i said a junkie needing a heroin shot.

oh great...now the other boob is starting to itch and it feels like hell. i do have some Benadryl so i will take one after i take my meds...give a few hours in between. i had been taking 275 mg Seroquel just so i could get my sleep pattern back, but i think maybe it's the culprit. so i will go back to my 250 and see what happens. maybe it's my nerves - shit i dont know. unless, maybe it was the guacamole that was with the huge burrito my oldest brought home from Pepe's.... i swear i cant pin point what the hell is making me itch like crazy.

plus it's been "indian summer" here lately, the temperatures are going to be in the 90s until thursday. great. just what i need. i wish to god i knew what was causing me to have this itching! i think i'll take that Benadryl now. my ankles and feet have swollen because i sit up for long periods of time at this computer, but it's because i dont want to take a nap in the daytime.


i dont know what the fuck to do. the only thing i ate today was a couple slices of the meatloaf and two baked potatoes. *sigh* if it aint one thing, it's another.

1 comment:

Miss Defective said...

Might be possible that you've developed a food allergy. My mother had never had any allergies until she became allergic to strawberries when she was around 55. At first she had no clue what it was, kept breaking out in a random rash here & there & was itchy. Did the whole cortisone & benadryl thing. Think just thru keeping a food journal she saw a pattern.

It has been tooooooo damn hot this whole frickin year! The other day I said I couldn't wait until it snows again & a group of people at the store all gave me evil stares. Never could understand why if so many people hate snow, what the heck are they doing living in Chicago!?!?

Hope the rash clears up soon and hope ya find the cause. Take care!