Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to all dads and single moms who are holdin' it down for your children.

though my beloved Dad is in Heaven with my mother, i will always love both of them til my dyin day.

also today marks the 19th anniversary of when my Mama died, but i think i'm going to be okay today. the bottom line is that i loved both my parents and if it had not been for them, i wouldnt be here with you guys.

so instead of being sad on this day, i rejoice because God gave me two parents who gave me love in their own special way, raised me to be the person i am, despite my faults and shortcomings, and kept me from the negative influences of the outside world as i grew up. i thank God for both of my parents, and, as i previously stated, i miss them very much, but i know that they are in the loving arms of the Creator, and that they are free from the illnesses that they suffered while here on Earth, and that they are back together again in Heaven.

so once again, to those dads out there and single moms - Happy Father's Day.

peace, blessings, strength, and much love to you all.

2 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

peace, blessings, strength, and much love to you all.

To you too Genelle! While this is a hard weekend for you, remembering it as you said in your post will get you through it. And remember they ARE looking down on you and loving you. Their loves surrounds you like a blanket.

Hugs

dan said...

Yo. That's all my silly white as has to say.

Hope your weekend was full of some of the joy you found.