Tuesday, April 04, 2006

nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide

strange. i've only been back online for two days and i feel like hiding again. i have a desktop notepad journal with the same title as this blog, and had been writing in it while i was disconnected from the internet. it seemed like my writing came with a natural flow, where i could be as raw and as deep as i wanted.

maybe it's because nobody was reading it but me. not that i dont enjoy writing my thoughts and feelings out here, but in a way it's like, well, work.

sometimes i feel like what i write here makes no sense, or just a bunch of jumbled, scattered thoughts injected with wry humor at times. sometimes i feel like a blithering, blathering, whining old bag about my aches and pains, perimenopausal symptoms, and other scrambled, random shit. *sigh*

here it is 12:30 in the morning and i'm sitting here on my big fat ass typing shit i that i havent the slightest idea what it's about. maybe it's the meds; maybe it's just me, i dunno. i visit other blogs and they seem so much more interesting than mine. tho i love the new design of the blog, deep down inside i feel like screaming at the top of my lungs and running away.

maybe i'm still stressed out from being on the go all last week. last Tuesday i was in the ER with my daughter who was having abdominal pain, and we were there a good six and a half hours. then i was on the go again the next day, going to the store to get some food and some $$$ from people i knew, then again the next day, same thing, then this past Saturday having to go grocery shopping only to find the store with wall-to-wall shoppers because we all get our food stamps on the first of the month, and everybody's trying to stock up with food to last until the 1st of next month.

and this is weird: i bought $192 worth of groceries, and it seems all i wanna eat is junk food - i bought some blue corn tortilla chips which were quite good, some of those "fun size" candies like Milky Ways, Snickers and Reese's cups. mind you i did buy actual food, but it's the sugar and salt cravings that have been fueling my gluttony.

i have loads of chicken, some steaks, greens, canned goods and other stuff. i even bought some EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil - i am a huge fan of Rachael Ray's "30 Minute Meals" show on the Food Channel) and some balsamic vinegar too. from watching shows like hers i mentally pick up cooking tips, and i decided to keep some E.V.O.O and balsamic vinegar on hand to make vinagrettes, or cook shrimp in the olive oil. but here's the thing -- i dont wanna cook! maybe cuz i cooked three days in a row and i just aint got the energy to be slingin pots and pans. i bought some prewashed mustard greens and i know if i dont cook 'em soon, they're gonna wilt and go bad. i have a lot of dinner ideas in my head, but when it comes to executing those ideas, the desire fizzles out.

and, here of late i have been glued to the Food Channel for some reason. as mentioned before, i love Rachael Ray, but i also love Paula Deen's "suhthun" cooking show, Iron Chef America, and quite a few others. maybe it's just watching them cook holds my attention and fascination or something, shit i dont know.

i dont know what's going on with me. i still feel like running away but it's kinda hard when there's nowhere to run to and nowhere to hide.

oh well. lemme find my bag of cheese tortilla chips...

7 comments:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Dusty my darling...I understand wanting to just write and not worry about having others read it. I actually need to get back to my private journal as well.

I LOVE balsamic vinegar and the show Iron Chef. I think the lack of motivation to cook is coming from the meds. I have the same problem and I didn't use to.

I have a hard time just finding the motivation to shower and pick up the house!! I feel like such a lazy slob but right now that's my reality and I'd rather be a sloth then be suicidal.

By the way, I am wanting to get into classic r&b (especially Barry White) but I don't know where to start. Can you get me going on some artists?? I aready have some James Brown that I L O V E but I want to cut my teeth on some other stuff too. Just send me an email if you have some ideas. Also though, don't worry about it if it is too much stress. Boy do I understand that. :)

Keep bangin' girl and keep yo head up. I send you much love and purple light of peace and relaxation. May your suffering be taken away so that you may rest in the light of peace on a regular basis.

Love ya tons and I always will!!!

Unknown said...

I saw a show about a tribe on an Island near Australia, where they just live off the jungle and make their own rules. They all looked so happy. Everything was free, no money, no worries. I wish I could run there. Maybe I'll run there tonight in my mind before I go to sleep...

mrshellonheels said...

I love reading your blog! I just suck at leaving comments LOOL. Sorry about that. It's only me, my husband and my dog here, but would you believe that as soon as I start typing..ONE of them always need my attention!!!!

Sometimes I like to watch the cooking shows. I don't usually watch tv too often tho. If I try to make one of the dishes they show on those cooking shows, I always screw it up. Always!!!!

Maggs said...

I dunno what is up with the cravings but why we gotta be twins?
Mine really need to stop. NOW.

Miss Defective said...

Your blog always makes sense to me. Doesn't matter what you write about, I like reading it.

I'd like to run away too but like you I have nowhere to go. Been staying in bed as much as possible to block out reality.

Hope things start looking up for you soon.
Hugs,
Sid

jane said...

Do you ever watch the shopping channels when they sell chocolate stuff? Or even steaks? I can't watch them anymore because I eat like a hog afterwards & have been known to order a thing or two.
Lately though, it's been Peeps & Lays potato chips. Go figure! lol
Hey MizE, just write what you feel like writing. I know sometimes we overanalyze what we write, but just be yourself. That's who all of us come here to read about, YOU.

mizeeyore said...

J-Man: you understand me so well. i feel very very blessed to have come to know you here in blogland.
peace, blessings and much love to you too, beloved (((((((((J-Man)))))))))

Vince: that's what dreams are made of! (((((((((((Vince)))))))))))

Bug: no worries hon! i do understand youre a busy lady. i appreciate you regardless!
(((((((((Bug))))))))

Maggs: LOL girl i feel ya!
(((((((((((Maggs)))))))))))))

Sid: awwww, you are a sweetie! thank you for being such a good friend. peace and blessings to you honey ((((((((((((Sid))))))))))))

Janie: omg yes! i have seen those shows and i start drooling LOL
thank you for your kind and loving support. you are a sweetie too!
((((((((((((Jane)))))))))