Thursday, October 06, 2005

praying for a miracle

i just finished reading a post on MsPeculiar's blog about a lady who survived the terrible Katrina hurricane, and how she was blessed to get a new home for herself and her children, but also a whole outpouring of support from a well known minister, and how it restored her faith in the Creator. i was moved nearly to tears, but her story restored my faith in the Creator (or whatever name you choose to call your Higher Power). i believe in miracles wholeheartedly now.

a good friend of mine called me from her home in the US Virgin Islands, and she was telling me that all her family in New Orleans had been killed by the wrath of Katrina....all her cousins and other relatives. she only has two surviving relatives that are living in the upper part of Louisiana, but the rest of her family is dead. it broke my heart to hear that. not only that, but Hurricane Rita's wrath blew thru the VI where she lives, and right now she has no electricity, no food and it hurt me to my heart that i am not in a position to help her. she recently lost her father around the same time i lost my dad, and she's grieving the loss of her family in New Orleans.

i'm praying for a miracle as wonderful as that which happened to the lady in New Orleans for my friend. she too has a mental illness and is also a diabetic. i wish there was a way that i could help her. all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Sandi K said...

OH MY GOD! I am so sorry for your friends loss. I will be praying so hard for her. I have to tell you my friend that even though I believe in God for miracles for other people, I still have the hardest time believing him for my own. I understand that you are still in pain mourning your Daddy. Girl it has been 22 years that my mom gave in and shot herself, I am still not over it as my birthday post obviously states.
Some days are better than others.
YOU hold on to GOD! that is the only thing that has kept me. Not the Pastor, not my Deacon husband, not anyone... only God.
I love you and I am praying for you and all of those that you love.
Sandi K
Ms. P

Unknown said...

I just read the Candiss post on Collen's blog...And I thought too, of all the other victims that suffered tragedies seemingly unanswered by God. But to have faith in God is to have faith that there is a positive in all life events no matter how tragic. To love God is to love yourself, because we are all God’s children, and we are all miracles.

I believe that ms peculiar is correct that God is the only answer--and God indeed loves her so...

I pray for your friend in the US Virgin Islands. And heck, while I’m at it, I pray for you and ms Peculiar and Candiss and Collen, and all the other blogger’s who have touched my life so dearly. God bless.

Unknown said...

I feel so sad for your friend. I cannot even begin to imagine what she's going through.

If you want to truly help her, just lend her your support and show her that wonderful caring attitude you posess.

Another idea? Perhaps you could send her a care-package. It doesn't have to be a lot... just a letter and something sweet along with it. (just a suggestion)

I know that recieving something nice in the mail always cheers me up and brightens my day.

Other than that? Just keep praying for her. I'll do the same!