Wednesday, November 23, 2005

adventures in babysitting - part 2

well i had my little guy all day today from 10 am til now. he is such an adorable lil fella. his mommy had brought him over and he was half-asleep wearing a cute little Winnie the Pooh sleeper. i put him down and played with him while he was still partially awake, and then he got a little fussy, so i gave him one of his two bottles of formula, and them lil eyes got heavy and i laid him down on my bed and let him go back to sleep. i watched TV while he slept, and getting bored with TV, i started reading a book. then my lil guy started stirring, and woke up. i picked him up and took his sleeper off and washed it out by hand and hung it up over my stove burners so it could dry. then i put on a T-shirt and some shorts that was in the bag, and set him in his chair and commenced to feed him. his mom had packed some turkey and rice baby food in the jar, so i warmed some of it up and sat down to feed him. i love it when he smiles at me and though feeding time was a tad messy, we still had fun.

around 2:45 the baby's aunt knocked on my door to use my phone, because she had to call Ebony (her sister) and tell her she was locked out. so Ebony asked me if it was okay if her sister waited at my house until either her or her boyfriend came home. i said sure, and she settled on the sofa and after awhile she dozed off, while i kept playing with the baby.

around 3:30 i gave him his bath and let him play in the water, then i picked him up and wrapped a towel around him still talking and cooing at him, then i laid him down and made sure he was completely dried off, and i rubbed him down real good with some shea butter cream and the sprinkled some baby powder all over him including his diaper. i put his diaper on and i could see those gorgeous eyes getting heavy again, and i put his nice warm sleeper back on him and then sat him in his rocker chair, gave him his Binky and then i combed and brushed his hair and put some of the shea butter on his cute lil face, and started rocking him. those eyes were getting heavy lol. since he had finished a 4 oz bottle of baby apple juice, i rinsed out the bottle and put 4 ounces of his formula from the other bottle in that bottle, and picked him up, cradled him in my arms and gave him the bottle. he took all 4 ounces and those lil eyes closed. i laid him down on his big soft flannel blanket, swaddled him good, gave him his Binky and off to dreamland he went. *whew!!! LOL

i took the bottles that were empty, washed them good, and then put some water in a big microwavable bowl and put the bottles, nipples, nipple caps and the Binky and "sterilized" the items in the microwave for about 10 minutes. yeah i'm still old school about sterilizing baby bottles lol. then i made a fresh bottle with the powdered formula and clean water, added some cereal and shook it well, capped the bottle and set it aside. since the water i boiled the bottles and nipples was still clean, i poured 4 ounces of the clean water into the clean 4 ounce bottle and capped it, and took them both and put them in the baby's bag.

whew! time flies when you're having fun! i keep him again Friday and Saturday (i think his mommy's schedule is subject to change) so i just go with the flow lol.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!!!

5 comments:

jane said...

What a wonderful & relaxing day you had. While you were busy, you obviously loved every minute of it. I so miss having a baby around & can't wait til one day, one of my kids or someone has a little baby I can spoil.
very, very comforting story

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours

Miss Defective said...

Sounds like you're really enjoying your babysitting duties and I think that's great! I was never good at handling babies, not even my own. I prefer to be around kids that are at least 2 yrs old & over. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Take care of you!

Nicole said...

Sounds like an awesome day, I miss holding my little babies and being their whole world. Enjoy it!

:* Princess

Unknown said...

You got me hungry for some Turkey Rice...I think I wanna be a baby again man.

Maggs said...

love babies...my baby is 2 and is now in a daddy's girl phase. breaks my heart!