Wednesday, November 23, 2005

be thankful for what you got

just when i think things are finally beginning to look up, here comes something else to slap me back into the pit. i know that the Creator sometimes puts us thru "tests of faith" to see if we can handle the pressure, but i also know He doesnt put on us more than we can bear. and right now my faith is being pushed to the limit, but it's no one's fault but mine. i created this mess and i'm woman enuf to admit it's my mess. all i can do right now is "Let Go and Let God."


i refer to the "Serenity Prayer" a lot when i'm going thru..."God, grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference." after that, i get out of His way and let Him handle things.


problems? oh yeah. a shitload of 'em. my checking account's overdrawn, i'm gonna have to pay double payments on my phone, light and gas bills, plus i've been catalog shopping and deferring payments on stuff i like because being a woman, i like to look nice REGARDLESS to how i might feel inside, which right now is stir-fried shit. however; i still count my blessings. i am thankful that i do have a roof over my head, thankful for my children, thankful for still being here, in spite of the moments i've had where i felt like i was a burden to my kids (and i'm still battling that one) and everybody else. so yes, i'm thankful that the Creator has brought me this far.


i am thankful for the friends i've made here in Blogland, and for my friend V, who has been there for me, and though we have had our disagreements and differences, thru it all she's a good person and i'm thankful to be her friend.


when i think about the problems i have, i have to think again about the poor people who have no place to call home, who have no family or friends to help them, who sometimes eat out of garbage cans, and realize that could very well happen to me. knowing that keeps me grounded, and my heart goes out to them and to anyone who is having a hard time right now. i have to constantly remind my own self to be thankful for what you got....because the tide could turn in a split second and turn my whole world upside down.

regardless of what your religious/spiritual affiliation, it's still all good. this Thanksgiving, let's all be thankful for what we got. i bid you all peace and blessings, love and light.

6 comments:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

GREAT POST!!

I'm thankful to have you as a friend.

Alekx said...

Great post.
And from the mistakes you've made with the phone bill, the catalog credit cards etc. Just learn from that and try not to let it happen again. One thing we do when we use a credit card is to write a check and file it. Taking the money for the payment out of the checking account right away.

Just a thought

ombren said...

I'm thankful, at this precise moment, to have found a new term for feeling like crap: STIR-FRIED SHIT. what a perfect description. (; hugs, mizz.

Nicole said...

(((((Mizeeyore)))))

Blame it on the mental illness and always come back to your blog friends, we are always here. Thank you for reminding me of the Serenity Prayer, my family needs it right now. I am thankful that I have a pot of coffee, a carton of cigarettes, and a day to spend in blogland.

Love ya,
Princess

Unknown said...

Every second is a moment. And I try to make each moment filled with good thoughts and good things. Because with each good moment you have, you have another good memory, and it builds and affects your present moment... And sometimes life can be worth that ONE good moment, or that one good extra moment...
And your post helped me. Thanks.

Maggs said...

Good post, sorry I'm late on commenting.