Saturday, November 19, 2005

just another so-so Saturday

well, i didnt get to keep my lil fella today. i guess his mom or dad was there, and truth be told, i miss him. so it was just another so-so Saturday. i slept most of the morning, and then woke up feeling stiff all over, like i had been bench-pressing a bus. didnt do much of anything but mostly sat at this computer and surfed blogs. a while ago, i gave myself a haircut, which doesnt look too bad, put in texturizer (for my non-African-American readers, it is a product used to release the natural wave pattern in our hair, especially if it is cut very close to the head, which is how mine is now), i washed it good, and then applied gel to define my wave pattern. and i took my straight razor and shaped my brows. now i'm tired just from that little bit of self-care.

how does my hair look? well if any of you are familiar with the movie "Set It Off" at the end when Jada Pinkett (Smith) was in a cheap hotel where she'd left behind her friends who were killed in their last bank heist, she'd cut off all her braids and had gelled her hair close to her head, and was driving an old Jeep thru the Mexican desert, well, that's how it looks. in another week i will color it again (not quite ready to let my gray show lol) this shade called "Red Spice" from Dark & Lovely, which is a deep red-brown. the color goes well with my complexion (i am a lightskinned Black woman) and with this cut, it looks even better if i must say so myself.

i've taken my bedtime meds and in a little while i'll be ready to go to sleep. i guess the baby's mommy's schedule is gonna be a tad erratic, but it's all good. whenever she needs me, all she has to do is knock on my window or door and i'll be happy to have him. btw, she did pay me $35 instead of $40, but that's okay too. as long as i can keep some kind of money coming in, it's fine by me.

oh i almost forgot...my oldest daughter paid my telephone bill for me the other day and also told me that she put in for the Thanksgiving meal that's offered by Boston Market -- with all the trimmings. i was speechless and expressed how grateful and appreciative i was that she would do that. i had FINALLY defrosted the turkey that had been sitting in my freezer since 2003. i got the bird from the hospital I worked that was in Oak Park on the Westside of Chicago (and this is the same hospital was where i had my breakdown) because they were giving all the employees turkeys for Christmas. i lugged that heavy sucka thru the snow and on the "El" from the Austin "El" stop all the way to the East 63rd and Cottage Grove stop where i wearily got off and took the bus home, still wagging that heavy-assed bird.

unfortunately, my oven died around 1997, and i have told the real estate people countless times
about either fixing my oven or getting me a new one, and aint shit been done, and i just aint in the mood to bitch them out about it. however, my younger daughter wants to throw the old bird on the grill. she had asked Ebony (the baby's mommy) if it would be ok for her to grill our bird and i assume she said yes. so we shall see.

anyways, Happy Turkey Day to everyone and i hope you are blessed with bountiful goodness from the Creator and errrum, try not to OD on the turkey, gravy and dressing and all the other goodies *grins*

No comments: