Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Clouds of Depression

the clouds of depression (sung to the music of "Sounds of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel)


hello Zoloft and Klonopin
the 2 meds that
are now my friend
i take them for
my sanity's sake
including Seroquel
that makes me gain weight
to keep away
the voices
that i sometimes
hear within
that sometimes
keeps my head a-spin
from the clouds
of depression.....

you may say you
dont look insane
well have you ever
really felt deep pain
it hovers 'round like
a dark shadow
and you dont know
which way to go
and your tears
start to fall
like the sounds
of a driving rain
from the clouds
of depression..

yes i can see the look
upon your face
and it sends me back
to that dark place
to the place
where no one cares
where your whole life
are constant stares
at the face who has cried
a milion tears
that no one hears
or cares
about u at all
and you fall
back into....
the clouds.....

of...depression.......

5 comments:

mosiacmind said...

I really like how you express yourself so well even when it is stuff that it is about life when it is not so great.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Wow, great expression of mental illness.

Unknown said...

You have inspired me to change Martin Luther King’s speech a little:
“I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all people are created equal."
I have a dream that one day children everywhere will be able to sit down together at the table of sisterhood and love.
I have a dream that one day even in the state of maximum competitiveship, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of knowledge and love.
I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their mental health but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day, down in the alleys of depression, with its vicious misconceptions, with its leaders having their minds dripping with the words of avoidance and ignorance, one day right there in the alleys of depression, mentally privaledged boys and girls will be able to join hands with mentally underprivaledged boys and girls as sisters and brothers.
I have a dream today.”

Unknown said...

This is great. Your writing ability is superb!

mizeeyore said...

xxan: dont worry about it hon! thanks for stoppin' by!

mosaic: thank you sweety!

j: awwww, thank you!

vince: u are an amazing writer yourself! thanks for the comments!

colleen: *blushing* aw, shucks! thank you so much! your blog is uber-kewlllllllllll!