Monday, September 26, 2005

Daddy, i miss you

Dear Daddy:

I miss you more and more every day. I miss the times when we talked on the phone and how you would encourage me and lift my spirits when i felt like i couldnt go on. You were always there even though you were miles away. It hurt me to know that you were sick and it hurt me even more that i didnt make it there in time to be by your side when God called you home. but i know that you are in a better place now, and that you and Mama are together again in Heaven. I thank you and Mama for bringing me into this world, and I thank you for the gifts of your artistic talents that each one of your children inherited. But most of all, i thank you for being my father. I dedicate this song "Dance With My Father" by the late Luther Vandross to you.

I love you Daddy.


Dance With My Father

back when i was a child
before life removed
all the innocence
my father would lift me high
and dance with my mother
and me and then
spin me around
til i fell asleep
then up the stairs
he would carry me
and i knew for sure
i was loved....

if i could get
another chance
another walk
another dance
with him
i'd play a song
that would never
ever end
how i'd love, love
to
dance with
my father again....

when i and my
mother would disagree
to get my way
i would run from her
to him
he'd make me laugh
just to comfort me
then finally make me
do what my mama said
later that night
when i was asleep
he'd leave a dollar
under my sheet
never dreamed that he
would be gone from me....

if i could steal
one final glance
one final step
one final dance
with him
i'd play a song
that would never
ever end
cause i'd love love
to dance with my father again.....

sometimes i'd listen
outside her door
and i'd hear how
my mama would
cry for him
i'd pray for her
even more than me.....

i know i'm prayin
for much too much
but could you
send the only man
she loved
i know you dont do it
usually, but Dear Lord
she's dyin'
to dance with
my father again....

every night i'd fall asleep
and this is all i'd ever dreamed..


Daddy and Mama
I love and miss you both...
Rest in Peace.

6 comments:

Sandi K said...

My heart goes out to you my dear, I am sending you a hug.

SK

Unknown said...

I can't read that without crying. Hell, I'm still crying and I read it 5 minutes ago.

I only wish he had the chance to tell you that he will always be with you no matter what. Because I believe he is always with you. And everytime you smile, he will smile too.

Unknown said...

what a nice tribute.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

That brought tears to my eyes.

Unknown said...

Awww.. *BIG WARM HUG* You poor thing. Your post helps me to appreciate my parents - who are still alive, I'm happy to say.

I'm so sorry your parents have passed away. :(

They obviously did something right when they were here - because you are such a sweet gal.

Thanks to them - all of us (people that have the priviledge of knowing you in some small way) are blessed!

mizeeyore said...

Storm: thank you for your kind words. btw your blog is awesome!

Ms P: hugs backatcha sis!
((((((((((MsP)))))))))))))

Vince: aww, please dont cry. you are such a sweetheart and thanks for posting on my blog too

((((((((((((Vince)))))))))))))))

Moody: thank you.

James: you are so sweet. thank you
(((((((((((J)))))))))))

Colleen: big hugs to you too hon!
(((((((((((Colleen))))))))))))
i appreciate your comments and always look for them because you are a very sweet and special person and your kindness humbles me. btw: your blog is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!
thanks again!