Friday, September 02, 2005

SBC can go to hell!

well, today i got my disability check. i managed to take my rent money out and made a down payment to those fuckers at SBC for their "deferred bill plan" - $140 goddam dollars. fuck.
now i was told by them that since i'm on a deferred plan i wont have DSL internet access or cellular service. *sigh*. i sent them fuckers a rather nasty e-mail telling them that their phone service sucks (and yes i did say they SUCK). i had tried to explain to the lady i was talking to that i was on a fuckin fixed income and i only get one once-a-month check and that i could pay what i could on my bill -- yet, they say there is a "credit" pending to my account for an amount that was in dispute, and those fuckers STILL insisted that my account was "past due" WTF?

i'm convinced they dont update information when customers call because i keep getting a whole different answer from different reps, and one even talked to me like i just got off the short yellow bus! and the killing part of this -- i JUST GOT MY DAMN DSL AND CELLULAR SERVICE TURNED BACK ON BECAUSE OF THEIR MISTAKE! WTF????????????

so, i have signed up with Comcast internet while they still have their promotional price of $19.95 for 6 months and from what i've heard it's a hell of a lot faster than SBC DSL. plus since it's broadband, it aint connected to no phone lines, but connected with my cable. and the nice lady i talked to at Comcast said that at the end of the 6 month period i could call them back to see if they could extend it a little bit longer being that i am on a fixed income. that made me feel a little bit better. next, i'm gonna find another phone service and switch my number from SBC and stiff them muthafuckas because their prices are ridiculous. i was checking out Vonage phone service and also Sage Telecom and Sage offers everything that SBC charges (except for voicemail, it's a $4.95 charge) but Vonage offers for free, i.e., voice mail, caller ID, call waiting, automatic callback (*69), call forwarding, with a low monthly payment and one month for free. if anyone has used Vonage or Sage, please let me know how it works for you. i cant take another month of SBC's bullshit. i wish to god i had never signed back up with them. they were full of shit when they were known as Ameritech, and they are full of shit still. all the so-called "adjustments" to my bill wont be seen until next month's bill, and i know i aint gonna have enough money to make the full payment. so fuck 'em.

SBC can go straight to hell on an express train filled with gasoline and butane. i have had enough.

1 comment:

Miss Defective said...

I agree SBC does suck, but I think Comcast is just as bad. I'm not sure if they have it in your area, but you should check out Wide Open West (WOW) for internet & cable. Unlike Comcast, which I was paying about $90 for, WOW is only about $65 for both cable tv & internet. The tv cable has better quality in terms of picture and channels offered with their basic service than Comcast. I haven't ever tried Vonage, or know anyone that has, so I can't help ya there.
Take care,
Sid