Sunday, February 12, 2006

if my foot was long enuf, i'd kick my own ass!

*whew* i am pooped! went out earlier to pick up some stuff i didn't get at the beginning of the month -- basically personal items like toothpaste, TP, dish soap, detergent, bath soap and anitbacterial hand soap for the bathroom. i went first to the Family Dollar store and got some of the items, then i went up to Walgreens.

if i could, and my foot was long enuf i would kick my own ass. mind you, i went to Walgreens just to get a couple loaves of bread and some smokes (i had coupons for them) and go. did that happen? oh nooooooooooooooo. i wound up getting two loaves of bread, a $1 bottle of antibacterial hand soap for the bathroom, 4 bars of Dove soap - 2 for sensitive skin and 2 unscented - a bag of Riceland rice, 4 rolls of TP and 2 packs of Kotex (gawd i will be SOOOOOOO glad when i wont have to buy those fuckers no more, except for my 18 year old), and then my cig coupons were like $2 off any 3 packs of my brand, and $1 off any 2 packs of my brand. when everything was all rung up it came to $65 and some change! good lord. i had just paid my credit card bill, now i'm back down to zip *sigh*.

but i needed those items and yeah for all of y'all who arent smokers i know what y'all gonna say--did you really need 5 packs of cigs? no, but when i have coupons, heck, i may as well use em. i still got 2 coupons for $5 off a carton of my brand (Virginia Slims Menthol Lights 100s) and i'm holding on to em nyah! *sticks out tongue*

at the Family Dollar, i got the toothpaste, two big bottles of dish soap (Palmolive with Bleach), a 2 liter of ginger ale, a cheese grater for $1, a spatula (also $1), a small bottle of detergent - $1.45, some undies for my daughter - one set for $2 and the other for $3, not bad huh? all of that came to about $22 and some change. that wasnt too bad. when i got on the bus with all my stuff, i thought i had pulled the stopcord for my stop, but apparently the driver didnt hear it and the next thing i know i'm a block up from my stop. that pissed me off. luckily i had my cell phone with me, and i called home and told my daughter and her boyfriend to meet me and help me with all the stuff i had. they came and god was i grateful. i let them go on ahead while i hobbled behind.

once we got to the house i plopped down in this chair, totally pooped. my right knee is screaming in pain and i'm gonna take 2 of my 800mg ibuprofen tablets to take it down to a dull roar. i was gonna cook, and i still might, but right now, i need to rest. i swear, didnt intend to get all that shit, but it's like it never fails -- you go in the store for one thing -ONE and come out with twenty. and i was trying so hard to keep some $$$ on my credit card, but that notion quickly went south. i swear, if i didnt really need those items, i wouldn't have gotten 'em. so y'all please dont bitch me out...a mama's gotta do what a mama's gotta do. and i dont wanna become dependent on my daughters all the time. call it pride, but that's just the way i am. i appreciate my daughters and my youngest's boyfriend for helping out around the house and doing the cooking, but i'm supposed to be cooking, cleaning and whatnot. and i do what i can when i have the energy. but sometimes, it gets to be overwhelming and i completely shut down.

and on that note, lemme get up offa my big ass and commence to cooking, cuz i'm hungry.

peace love and blessings to all of you. dont worry. i'mma be a'ight *smile*

4 comments:

jane said...

Little things sure do add up fast, don't they? Im an ex-smoker, but to be honest, the thought NEVER once crossed my mind to question your judgement. I used to hate when people did that to me. Anyways, you take it easy Mizeeyore!

Maggs said...

No judgin' here, babe.

Joel said...

Almost anyone can kick her/his own ass. But you have to use the heel instead of the toes.

Re: your shopping. Well, it does sound like the depression is over....

Unknown said...

Money is meant to be spent. You're out their doing stuff, pain and all--I say that deserves a reward--I would buy myself a banana split. But 2 loafs of bread? That's a lotta toast man. I always get the buy 1 get 1 free deals for cigs at 711. Don't matter what brand it is...