Thursday, February 16, 2006

nobody cares about you when you're down and out

i'm sitting here in my dark kitchen typing these words, yet i feel nothing. i might as well be brutally honest here -- i am in a financial bind yet again. when i went online to check my checking account balance, well, let's just say it aint pretty.

i have been trying to get thru to some of my family, namely my brother and sister, and of course, with my luck, nobody's available, or the number has been disconnected. and the fees are adding up every day. luckily all my bills are paid so that at least gives me some comfort; however, i want to get rid of that ugly overdraft before the 3rd of next month; otherwise i will be truly screwed.

i'm tired of pretending like everything is just peachy when i know it aint. one can only keep up the charade for so long, until reality comes to bite you in the ass. and right now, it's taken a huge chunk outta my ass.

it's like i said...nobody cares when you're down and out. that's been the story for me my entire life, and i'm playing the hand that i've been dealt. oh well.

4 comments:

Miss Defective said...

I care when you're down & out. Wish there was something I could do to help you out financially, cuz I would. But you know how little so-so security pays and I don't have any money to spare. I hope you're able to reach someone that can help you out.
Hang in there Genelle.
Hugs,
Sid

Anonymous said...

Mizeeyore,

I feel what your saying. Actually, I just got back from my therapist and am angry about more or less the same issues...not so much at the therapist (him a little too, he is a new therapist and am a little frustrated with him) but more so having just talked about it.

It is still so hard for me to comprehend that had I not failed out of medical school that I would be graduating in May and had planned all along to buy myself a brand new Audi A4 for graduation...but since leaving the program and being depressed over the last 3 years I have blown through my saving and can't hold down and job. What a twist of fate!

Hang in there and hopefully we can all get through this together.

-James

jane said...

I'm sorry people arent' there for you, but we are here for you. I do care a lot about you. Have you called the bank? Sometimes they'll at least take off the o/d fee if you call them. I hope someone comes thru for you.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

You deserve a break from having to keep up a positive mood all the time. We all need moments to retreat a bit and lick our wounds. I would give you money if I had any. It sucks that people such as ourselves who have sooo much to deal with anyway without having to have financial worries too. It seems we are meant to carry burdens twice as large as many. For whatever reason that might be I don't know.

Hang in there.