Tuesday, February 28, 2006

just popping in with update from yesterday's doc visit

the return dr visit yesterday went okay. i found out that i have fibroids, which explain the heavy periods and clots, i'm a bit anemic, from losing all that blood each month, my cholesterol is elevated, and i'm going to be taking meds for that...and i'm going be put on another BP med. oh, and i have bronchitis on top of all of that. *sigh*

i find that when i write all my symptoms down it helps me remember the reason for my visits. i think the resident doc (a male) and my primary doc (a very nice Russian lady) seemed impressed that i knew and understood medical terminology, because the resident doc said to me, "this is very good," and took off with my list to show my primary doc.

but i digress. they gave me scripts for an antibiotic, to take care of the bronchitis, one for iron pills, to help with the anemia, and one for the cholesterol and blood pressure. unfortunately i didnt have the $3 co-pay for the cholesterol and BP meds (Lipitor and Norvasc), but i will get them when i get my direct deposit. then the lady doc told me she will have me seen by a Gyn doc regarding the fibroids. i told her that i didnt want HRT (hormone replacement therapy) because i smoke, and i'm trying to quit (actually cut down to the point where i stop altogether), so she told me that perhaps a hysterectomy might be needed, and i did not have a problem with that. i was blessed with two beautiful daughters, and i am DONE with making babies - i got my tubes tied shortly after my second daughter was born, so i really dont have anymore use for my uterus. if it stops the monthly misery, hey, i'm all for it. oh yeah, and after i finish my antibiotics, i have to come back for a chest X-ray too to see if there's any further damage to my lungs.

anyways, i just thought i would give y'all the 411 on the doc visit. i'm going back into hiding now. blessings and love to you all.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Be careful of the stuff they give you for bronchitis, particularly if it a steroid or Ventolin/abuterol. That stuff will send you over the rainbow very fast if you're not careful.

I've had my troubles with it. It does the job, but you don't want to take it as a prophylactic.

dan said...

You know, when someone throws out a quick update, you're supposed to be able to say, Hey, glad to hear you're ok.

Hey. Glad to hear you're ok. ;)

Sandi K said...

Glad you are still hanging in there. The medical stuff and being anemic makes depression that much worse. (I have no plumbing and it is WON - DER- FREAKING- Ful!

I had fibroids and endometriosis too - but like you I was done - Now when my friend calls me on the phone - she says: HOLLOW
(shes a bitch anyway)
lol

FEEEEEL BETTER!