Thursday, February 23, 2006

this is my daughter - Happy Birthday Sweetheart!


on this day, 27 years ago, during the Blizzard of 1979, i gave birth to a beautiful and precious baby daughter, whom i love dearly.

i named her Aqueelah, which, in Arabic means "intelligent" and Na'eemah, which means "beautiful."

she has been thru her share of hurt, pain, disappointment and heartbreak, yet, in spite of it all, she still shines like the brightest star in the Universe. she is indeed very intelligent, very beautiful, smart, has a warped sense of humor just like her mama, and has been there for me countless times. she graduated with High Honors from high school, got her AA degree from junior college and her Bachelor's from DePaul University, again with High Honors. she is my firstborn, and today is her birthday.

Happy Birthday sweetheart. Mommy loves you so very much *smile*

9 comments:

dan said...

I bet she gets the beautiful and intelligent part from her mom, eh?

Unknown said...

Beautiful indeed. Happy Birthday Aqueelah.

Very beautiful name too, but I'm guessing at the pronounciation...

Unknown said...

Oh, I mean Happy Birthday Aqueela Na'eemah. I especially like the Na'eemah part..

Miss Defective said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! (Lookie....I paid attention this time & read that the pic is of your daughter!) I'll be on messenger later on if you're gonna be around. Right now I need to get some cleaning done.

Hugs,
Sid

Joel said...

Happy birthday Aqueelah

mizeeyore said...

Voices: oh my God, yes they do! i done my best to raise my daughters the best i knew how. thank you so much.

Dan: ROFLMAO yeah right! i have the IQ of a blade of grass, and beauty? oh puhleeze! sometimes i scare MYSELF LOL

Vince: it's pronounced Ah-kee-lah
thank you for wishing her happy birthday. i will relay it to her.

Sid: LOL! i'll be on a little later. take your time hon.

Joel: i will relay your birthday greetings to her. thank you so much.

jane said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful!

mrshellonheels said...

My oldest son was born in 79! Your daughter is just beautiful! Happy Late birthday. Sorry I am late. : ( That's me tho, always a day late and a dollar short ROFLMAO.

Sandi K said...

And she has a beautiful voice to match!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry,I am late!

Sandi