Tuesday, August 16, 2005

holding back the tears part 2

i dont know what i have done to deserve such caring people in the world. everyone who has left a post to my blog i thank you from the depths of my heart. you know who you are--you are the best!

i was IM Yahoo! talking to my online adopted 'daughter' who lives in Canada, and out of the blue she offered to send me a check for $100! i was so shocked i was at a loss for words....all because i said i couldnt afford the membership fee at the museum where i volunteer from time to time and that i had no food in my cupboard. this poor sweet girl who has gone thru more hell and abuse way too many times, offered to help me! i couldnt believe it....and i'm still in shock.

this dear, dear girl has been thru abuse of horrific proportions, from family members yet in spite of her difficulties she carries on like a trooper. there were times i wish i could have sent her money but i didnt have it. yet she is sending me money! i am humbled by her kindness.

i dont know what the conversion rate is for $100 in Canadian money to American money, but my bank said i could still deposit the check into my account. if anyone knows what the conversion rate is, please let me know. no matter what it is, i'm still touched by her kind gesture. its been said that God takes care of fools and babies, and Lord knows i've been more of a fool than most, but i guess i am worthy of good friends like her, my other friend V, and those of you who have posted comments on my blog.

to all of you -- i say a huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again, i'm holding back tears, because all my life i've done for others and didnt expect anything in return--and didnt get it either way. this is gradually restoring my faith that there ARE good and decent people in this world.

God bless you all...and again THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Glad God is looking after his own.....

The currency exchange rate changes every day, but roughly, you can expect $82-$84 USD for a hundred Canadian at the moment.

Polar Bear

Radin said...

I like your blog. Nice to know there are still good people around. Well sometimes we forget that. Take care.