Friday, August 12, 2005

a rainy day in Chi-town

*sigh* it's a dreary day out today. yesterday wasnt any better, but at least it has cooled off some. got up took my AM meds and then i see my pdoc today at 12:30. after that i will go and pick up my meds from Walgreens, and try to get out to the hospital where my godson is. poor baby is probably thinking i dont love him no more. i sent an email to Ms. Williams at the museum for their event tonight, the Neo-Soul Explosion, first saying i was considering coming tonight and also asked if i could perform some of my poetry. i havent checked my other email addy to see if she responded, but after all the running around i will be doing today, i doubt very seriously if i go tonight. i dunno.

well one bit of decent news...my caseworker called me back (finally) to tell me that since i wont be getting a check for my daughter from Social Security (which sucks) that my foodstamps will increase next month from that fucked up $10.00 to $197.00 starting on the 1st of September. i'm glad of the increase, cuz at least i can go grocery shopping like i used to and not run out of food before the end of the month. to supplement my cupboard with food, i've been going to a couple of churches in my neighborhood that gives away food so at least me and my daughter wont go hungry. also, i have signed up to buy some cheap cigs online so that i wont have to cough (pardon the pun) up $5.70 or $6 for a pack of my regular brands, Salem Lights 100s or Virginia Slims Menthol Lights 100s. i mean this site has those brands, but since my funds are gonna be super tight, hell, as long as it's a menthol light 100 cig, beggars cant be choosy. as it is i've been smoking these Maverick Menthol Light100s, and they aint so bad, plus they are only $4.80 or $4.75 a pack and like i said, these will do when i cant afford my usuals. so i should be getting my online cig order soon.

i've also signed up with both the light and gas company's 'budget' program, which hopefully will keep my light and gas bills to a minimum. the phone company -- well, that's a different ball of wax. i guess after i see my next bill and pass out and then come to i will ask them to put me on the "defer bill" plan where i can pay them a little at a time.

i'm trying to cut corners as i can by helping myself, and even my teenage daughter is making a little change for herself by working at this little candy store up a couple blocks from where the UPS store is. she dont make much, but hey, i give my babygirl mad respect for trying.


shit.....i hope nobody from Social Security reads these things, otherwise i'm fucked! and that's all i need is for them to see this shit......oh well, 3 tears in a bucket, mutha fuck it.

that's it for now. peace.

3 comments:

dissok said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog and saying g'day, mizeeyore. You are definitely added to my visit list. Thanks for allowing me to.

I hope everything went well with your pdoc appointment and it's good to hear that you have been able to sort out a few little things to help your monthly budget. Every little bit counts when money is as tight as hell.

Miss Defective said...

$10 in food stamps? Geez, that hardly seems worth all the paperwork they make ya fill out. Glad it's going up though. I used to get $200+ a month, but once I got on disability they said I didn't qualify for food stamps anymore. Maybe cuz I don't pay rent, I don't know.

Think if social security reads these things, they've got waaaayyyyy too much damn time on their hands and should get to work!
Take care.

Nicole said...

Hey, don't worry about anyone seeing, they wouldn't know its you! I have a few websites about mental illness:

Take a Stand

Can I list your blog as a support blog? Also:
Crazies Unite!, a collaboration that we're always looking for writers with information or experiences in mental illness. Email me!

nicolep_75@yahoo.com