Monday, August 15, 2005

a little bit of my poetic flow

the freedom to be ME

im not perfect
never claimed to be
and i damn sure dont possess
a wall full of degrees
like AA, BS
Master's or PhD
im just an ordinary woman
as ordinary as can be
and all i've ever wanted
was the FREEDOM TO BE ME...


why do people wanna judge me?
why do they feel this need
to criticize or diss me?
ive tried over and over
to figure this shit out
and all it has done
is leave me in doubt
about who I am
and what others say
i should be
when all i want is
THE FREEDOM TO BE ME...

to live my life
on MY own terms
to have the freedom of choice
in what lessons i learn
be they easy or hard
dont matter one bit
and God knows i'm so tired
of hearing other people's bullshit
and im REAL tired
of tryin so hard to fit
into a mold of what
other people say
the way i "oughta" be
please for God's sake
lemme find my own way!
i mean, i do respect
what you might have to say
but if i make a mistake
or i stumble and fall
i dont need negative comments
or criticism from y'all

lemme be the person
that I wanna be
be it right or wrong
good or bad
happy or sad
whatever the fuck it is
they are MY choices y'see?
so goddam it please
honor my plea
be you friend or society
lemme have the God-given right
and the FREEDOM TO BE ME!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sandi K said...

Be free special one.. be free.

You can fly
if you choose.

God will catch you if you fall.