Friday, January 06, 2006

i'm "officially "pooped!!!

well, as part of the Kwanzaa principle of "Kujichagulia" or "self-determination" to get things done, even though every cell in my body is screaming "whatdafuck are you doing? we aint used to this shit! go sit yo' old ass down!" instead, i woke up this morning and went over to the UPS pickup station which is a very short walking distance, stood patiently in line and picked up my package. i had went online to the UPS site and typed in my package's tracking number and that i would come to the pickup station rather than them doing another delivery attempt. now i am "officially" pooped LOL. plus the weather has been favorable, so that has helped a lot. if it had been a lot of snow and ice on the ground, i probably would have just said "fuck it" and not done anything.

i surprised myself at the energy levels that i have had all this week. ordinarily, i would just let things go and remain hermit-like, because i didnt want to be around a bunch of people, but when there are things that need to be done, well, i made myself do them. and having that planner that Sid gave me, is helping to keep me focused on what i need/have to do. i still have to get my State ID renewed, but in order to get the disabled ID card, i have to have a doctor's statement. so when i see my pdoc on the 24th, i will ask him to write out a statement confirming that i am disabled, and then i will go downtown to the Thompson Center and hope and pray that they will accept it and i can get a disabled State ID - which is free.

i still havent gotten my food stamps, and i've been calling my caseworker practically every day and i keep getting her voice mail. i've been buying groceries in small quantities so at least we can eat, and Dan you know when you're depressed, you either eat a lot or you have no appetite -- so eating has been my "comfort" right now. i have gained weight, but you know what...and i know i'm gonna get "flamed" for saying this, but guess what - i'd rather be plump and stable, than unstable and slim. that's my opinion and i'm stickin to it LOL.

i think i will wait until tomorrow to get my Klonopin script filled; however, once i get it filled in Walgreens' online system, when i need another refill, i can go online and do it. while i'm thinking about that, i better go and refill my blood pressure meds too. i have come to find that doing things online has been a godsend, because to me, it saves time and being that i have terrible arthritis in my hip and knees, i dont have to stand in line and i can pay all my bills without having to worry that somebody might come in the currency exchange to rob us blind. i know there are crooks on the Internet, but most of the sites that i do business with are secure.

anyways, i've babbled enough here. "Law & Order" is on TNT now, and i'm gonna go lie down to watch it. hope everyone has a good weekend.

peace blessings and love to all of you.

8 comments:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better and up and around. I've been doing a bit more out and about too since it's been in the high 60's here (The nice weather is good but it makes me worried about Global Warming...eek!).

I love internet shopping and bill paying. It's great for us ill folk.

I'm watching CNN and they are showing that lankmark Baptist church in So Chi town burning down. That's so sad.

Anyway, I'm off.

Love ya!

mizeeyore said...

hey J-man! good to hear you're easing into the outside world too. i figure i should make a determined effort to take care of some things while the ground is dry(you know Chi-Town weather is highly unpredictable) and i have some energy to push myself to get out. take care babe!

Joel said...

Glad you're getting out!

mizeeyore said...

Joel: thanks! Lord knows my mind aint feelin' it, but i just told that one last brain cell to shutdafuck up and let me do what i gotta do LOL

Nicole said...

Isn't it amazing how someone on a blog can be so encouraging & helpful! We're all behind you Miz E!!!

mizeeyore said...

Princess: awwww, thank you sweetie! you are a doll!!!
(((((((((((((Princess)))))))))))))
luv ya
"g"

Anonymous said...

"I'd rather be plump than stable than unstable and thin."

That is so funny because I have always said just the opposite.

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy bitch anyhoo.

Love reading your description of your illness. It really helps.

mizeeyore said...

Manica: i know how you feel about fat cows, well as a fat cow with some semblance of sanity, thank you for stopping by!