Tuesday, January 03, 2006

mentally and physically drained

well, i made it out of the house today. i went and paid my rent, bought a new 30-day Reduced Fare bus pass, rolled over my loan, and made it to the aid office. i cornered my caseworker -- a very nice lady btw -- and told her that i hadnt received my MediPlan card or my food stamps for this month. she found my paperwork, and printed out a temporary MediPlan card and told me she was gonna put the info in about my food stamps.

then when i get home, lo and behold, my "official" MediPlan card was in the mail -- with my youngest's name still on it! yay! i just hope by Friday my foodstamps will be on my Link card, because i've been pinching off my check to keep some food in my house. but thank God, i didnt have to wait in the long line at the aid office. i recognized my caseworker by her voice and walked right up to her, as did some of her other clients. she had us go upstairs (the damn elevator was out of order - grrrr) and once we got up there, she had us sit in different areas in the office and patiently took care of us. so far *knock wood* i've had some really nice caseworkers, and usually i find my way to them and get done what needs to get done. i know the other folks downstairs were pissed at us, but oh well. i was determined to do this today and by God, i did it, and didnt have to get nasty with anyone.

after i left the office, i walked, albeit painfully, to this little grocery store and bought a assorted meat pack for $19.99 and some vegetables. that total came to $30 and some change, and completely exhausted, i hobbled out of the store for home. i called my youngest on my cell phone and had her meet me halfway, because them three bags were heavy, and my energy level had already bottomed out. she came, and carried the bags and when we reached our street her b/f was heading towards us and she gave him the bags. i was so grateful to see both of them i didnt know what to do, because i was whupped. i had been up since 9:30 this morning running around, and here it is now 3:20 pm and i'm drained. but dammit, i handled my business!

so i'm hoping that by Friday my foodstamps will be on my Link card (for those of you who arent from Illinois, it's a card that holds your food stamp and/or check allowance on one convenient card, sorta like a debit card) because my youngest is chomping at the bit to go grocery shopping.

since she has taken over that chore, i'm extremely grateful and proud of her. she shops the way i do, and even carries the calculator with her to keep a running tab on what she spends. her b/f comes over quite frequently and is also a huge help around here. both of them will wash dishes, cook, and he takes the trash out for me, and told me if i need the floor mopped, he would do it.
so yes, i have another "adopted" son LOL. but it's all good.

it almost brought tears to my eyes when he told me nearly teary-eyed himself how i felt more like his mother than his actual mama. actually he is a sweet young man, and i'm happy that my daughter is influencing him in positive ways. he's enrolled at Olive-Harvey college along with my daughter to get his G.E.D., and he's very, very protective of us (he's a Scorpio - those of that sign are extremely protective of those they love, but God help you if you cross them -- think of the scorpion and that lethal sting...you WILL get dealt with). i love him like he's my own and my daughter told me how he cried one night because he felt like he was part of a real family. he calls me "mama" and always kisses me on my cheek. this young man saved my life when i had a terrible depressive spell, where i was crying uncontrollably and thru my tears i had my entire bottle of ibuprofen in my hands to end it all. he talked me thru it and held me while i cried.
so yes, he saved my life and i am truly grateful he was here. i shudder to think about what would have happened had he not been here.

anyways, as i said, i am drained - mentally and physically. i'm gonna make myself a bite to eat and lie down awhile. at least i got things done.

7 comments:

Joel said...

Yeah, that sounds like quite a day. Good stuff is every bit as fatiguing as bad.

Keep chugging along.

Unknown said...

wow. That guy sounds like a real angel! I'm glad he was there for you when you needed someone. I'd hate to think what the world would be like without my sweet "mizthang" in it!

I hope your holidays were good.

*BIG HUG* to you girl!!!

mizeeyore said...

Joel: count on it *smile*

Colleen: yes he is a sweetheart and i love him dearly.
Hugs to you too girlie!

((((((((((((((Colleen))))))))))))))

i've missed you!

Anelize: thanks! i'm trying to not be so "dark" with my blog, so thanks for the compliments and big hugs to you too!

(((((((((((Anelize))))))))))

Maggs said...

get a good night sleep girlie and hope tomorrow you're feeling more human. being drained sucks.

mizeeyore said...

Maggs: yeah no shit lol

Miss Defective said...

Ha, boy do I ever have a sting if someone crosses me or hurts my daughter. Suppose there is some good to being a Scorpio.

Glad that you were able to meet up with your caseworker. Hope the money is on your link card soon too.

Sounds like your daughter's bf is a very compassionate guy and I'm glad he's a part of your life. Hope he treats your daughter as well as he seems to treat you.

Get some sleep hun. Hope you feel rested in the morning.
Hugs,
Sid

mizeeyore said...

Sid: awww thanks hon. that planner has been a godsend, so thank you ever so much!

yes my daughter's b/f is very compassionate towards me and her and her older sister. and man, if somebody pisses him off, well, they may as well call their next of kin LOL because he WILL find them and whup some ass.

hugs to you too (((((((((((Sid))))))))))))