Sunday, January 15, 2006

"sunshine, blue skies, please go away..."

i'm not liking this spring-like weather we're currently having here in Chi-Town. i'm used to dark, gloomy, snowy and colder'n penguin shit outside. this sunny shit is wiggin' me out. altho for those of y'all who suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), for y'all the sun is a godsend. for mizeeyore, it's torture.

when it's dark and rainy and no sun is shining, somehow that feels comforting to me. being a nocturnal person, i usually get excited when it starts getting dark outside. the darkness feels like a security blanket and the majority of the time, i keep my lights off in the house, because i love the dark. sometimes if i have to go to Walgreens or something, i will wait until it's dark and then make my nocturnal journey. that was one of the reasons i used to work the night shift a lot. for the most part, it was quiet, most of the patients were sleeping and if i was working with a cool nurse i could trust, i could go and sneak a catnap for a couple of hours, or me and a co-worker would go out on frequent smoke breaks and put up our feet and talk.

there have been times i've stayed up way past my night med "window", which is about 11:30-11:45, and stayed up all night playing computer games. shortly after i take my night meds, i start feeling sleepy, but if i'm in deep concentration on a particular web game, i will sit here til the wee hours of the morning still playing the game, or if a movie on TV holds my interest, i will lay in my bed and watch it all the way thru, and just as i see the skies start fading from black to dawn, then i will go to bed. i swear i must have been Blacula's daughter in another life LOL

god, i wish this damn sun would hurry up and go down....bleh.

3 comments:

Maggs said...

you gotta take the meds and head to bed...

dan said...

I didn't know penguin shit was cold. I guess you learn something every day.

mizeeyore said...

Maggs: yeah i know. hittin the floor was NOT fun LOL

Dan: ok. how about polar bear shit LOL