Thursday, January 12, 2006

in the words of Ice Cube - "it was a good day"

what's happenin' y'all. as previously mentioned, i am in a MUCH more calmer state than i was yesterday. the annoying constant drip of my bathtub's hot water faucet was finally silenced -- if i had to hear that constant ongoing drip i would have shaved my head bald - but now it is blissfully silent in the bathroom now. i think, no i KNOW that was part of my outta control anger - it was beginning to feel like Chinese water torture and i was losing my goddam mind! thankfully the little Hispanic maintenance guy came here early - even tho i was drunk with sleep - and took care of that problem. shit, it took 'em long enough. one more day and i probably would have seriously considered gouging MY OWN eyeballs out with a hot poker.

in other news, the weather outside was extremely pleasant - the temp was saying something like 65 degrees, but i didnt take any chances. i still wore my heavy down coat and put my hat and gloves in my purse just in case the temperature took a sudden nosedive. i made it to the aid office, and i didnt have to get ugly with anyone. i sat and calmly waited to see my caseworker. after a while one of the managers came down to ask who was there to see their worker, and i believe it was about 6 of us. she took us all upstairs to a waiting area and then one by one she asked us who our respective worker's name was. i still remained reticent and calm, and started saying both the "Serenity Prayer" and the Buddhist chant "nam myoho renge kyo"(sp?)over and over to keep me calm. and i sat there quietly and peacefully.

after a few moments, i saw my worker coming back from lunch. i smiled at her and told her i was there to see her, and she said she would come back for me and this other young lady and her little boy, and she did. we followed her to her cube, and she took care of the young mama and was very pleasant and nice. after the young mama and her little one left, it was my turn. she patiently processed all the information i had supplied on the renewal form, and we chit-chatted while she took care of business. i'm going to send her a card for being so nice and courteous, because some of the workers can be downright shitty. anyway, she got me back in the system and told me that probably this coming Saturday i should be getting my foodstamps on my Link card WOO HOO! she was kind enough to walk me to the elevator and we exchanged pleasantries and since it was such a nice day out, i took my time and walked home, feeling a hell of a lot better than yesterday. that was another thing that had me agitated and ready to monkey-stomp somebody.

sooooo.... in the words of Ice Cube - "i have to say it was a good day."

6 comments:

Joel said...

My mother told me once about an Italian woman who she had as a patient. There was only one nurse who could talk to her.

The nurse had a day off. The Italian woman started screaming her head off. No one could understand what was going on. They got scared. They strapped her down and gagged her. She was "scaring the other patients".

The nurse returned the next day. They took the gag off the woman and asked her what was happening. "That sink! It's dripping and driving me nuts!"

mizeeyore said...

Joel: that's exactly how i felt yesterday...good analogy!

jane said...

MizE....you NEVER have to apologize to me for anything you've said. We're all in this together & we're all battling pretty much the same demons. I totally understood how you felt yesterday & as for comments on other blogs, that is neither here nor there with me.
As you've reminded me so many times, 'YOU are the only YOU' and i'd want YOU no other way! Our blogs are the 1 place in the world where we can be ourselves without threat. Please, please...just be yourself. Stay YOU!

Maggs said...

Just wakin' up in the mornin' gotta thank God!

I dunno but today seems kinda odd

No barkin' from the dog, no smog, and mama cooked the breakfast with no hog!

I could go on and on-one of my fave ice cube songs!

Glad today is a better day!

dan said...

MizE, it's a grand day.

I found a trailer for Clerks 2, so I'm down wit it.

mizeeyore said...

Jane: thank you so much! i have to remind myself i can only be ME.

Maggs: i kinda figured you knew this one LOL

Dan: no doubt playa! *wink*