Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy Birthday to me -- and Kwanzaa Principle #5 - Nia (Purpose)

well it's offical y'all. yep. i'm an old bag LOL. at 6:15 pm i will be "offically" 47 years old. my oldest daughter is going to take me out to this fancy Cantonese restaurant that she and her boyfriend frequent downtown off Michigan Avenue. i'm going to taste Peking Duck for the first time....i just hope i dont come away quacking LOL. she also has another surprise for me, so i guess i just have to wait and see *waaaaaaaaaa* ok whine moment over LOL --- damn, in 3 years i'll be 50. oh well. i thank the Creator that i made it this far--bad knees and all LOL

this is also the fifth day of Kwanzaa Nia - meaning "purpose"
for those of us who are recovering from mental illness, our purpose, in order to stay on the path of recovery, is to be med-compliant, make sure we maintain open communication with our therapists and p-docs, and if it gets to a point where we feel ourselves starting to relapse, we must seek IMMEDIATE emergency help....because the life you save may be YOUR OWN.

Nia - Purpose

11 comments:

dan said...

Happy B-day MizE.

And I'm loving the Kwanzaa posts... don't stop now, you have days left to fill me in on.

dissok said...

Happy birthday, MizE! I hope you have a great night out. Let us know what the Peking Duck was like. :)

I reckon keep the Kwanzaa posts going too. I've never heard of Kwanzaa before so I'm finding your posts interesting.

mizeeyore said...

Squid: LOL i am waited with bated breath .....

Dan: worry not. there are two more to go *smile* and thank you for the b-day wishes

Kym: thank you! i will definitely post about my dinner with my daughter and the duck LOL

broke said...

47, huh? Join the club! (I'm nearly 48. Sob.)
Happy Birthday!!
Bx

mizeeyore said...

J: ROFLMAO! Brilliant! i completely forgot about the duck in the AFLAC commercial LOL

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Mmmmm...I love Chinese food. My favorite restuarant here is a place called the, "Canton Palace" so we're are the same wave-length there.

I love the concept of Nia. Especailly the way that you put forth the mental illness connection.

mizeeyore said...

J-man: yeah, unfortunately the weather here put a damper on my daughter and i's dinner date for today, but tomorrow, weather permitting we will go.

my favorite Principles are Umoja (unity), Kugichagulia (self-determination), Nia (purpose) and Imani (faith)

as always thank you for the positive feedback!

Donna said...

Happy birthday! It's mine today too (#49), and I just happened to run across your blog...karma ;)

P.S. We are not old enough to be old bags LOL

mizeeyore said...

donna: ROFL happy birthday to you too! it must be karma *smile*

i'm only kiddin' when i say "old bag" LOL

Marie said...

Miz E Happy Belated Birthday girlfriend! I hope you have many more. Do something nice for yourself.

mizeeyore said...

Marie: thanks sweety! i am going to sincerely try and do something nice for myself!

(((((((((((((Marie)))))))))))

thank you for being a good friend
*smile*