Wednesday, December 07, 2005

so fresh and so clean clean

well y'all i finally took my shawt fat body into the bathtub. i couldnt take it no more. man, my funk woulda knocked a skunk out within a foot of me. it was time to do some serious scrubbing! my skin had actually turnt a deathly shade of gray (and me bein lightskinned i kid you not when i say a "deathly" shade of gray) from all the funk and ashiness and it seemed like when i got to scrubbing, half of me went down the drain with the soap. but it's all good. i am now so fresh and so clean clean. i actually feel HUMAN again.

it's bad when youre mood is in a funk and you just dont feel like doing nothing...not even taking a bath or shower. that's how i've been lately. i figured i'm not going anywhere these days except to see my T and pdoc, so why bother? and those of y'all who suffer from depression, or any other mood disorder know what i mean. it aint like i didnt have soap or toothpaste, i just didnt give a shit and that's how it was until today. when you get downwind of your own funk and it damn near knocks you out, it's definitely time for a bath or shower. i even washed my hair what little of it i have LOL

i'm sitting here now looking at myself in amazement that my skin is no longer an ashy, dusty looking gray, but back to its original coloring of honey. i used this antibacterial/antifungal natural soap made with green tea to bathe with. it smells good, kinda like a Hall's cough drop and i believe my skin was jumping up and down saying "YES! YES! YES! finally this fat cow got herself in the tub to make us all clean! i know it was tingling from the soap so i guess that means it's done it's job of chasing away the Funk Sisters and their crew. i am now officially "devoid of funk" (thank you George Clinton LOL) i used some of my daughter's baby lotion on my most dry areas -- heels, ankles, 'bows (ok fine, elbows ok?), arms and legs. i guess when a woman is going thru "the change" her skin must have a tendency to become very dry. since i've been in my 40s i've noticed that.

well, now that i'm devoid of funk, i'll probably sleep real good tonite. oh btw, Scootie Bug is sick so i wont be keeping him the rest of this week. he's been fussy too bcuz he's teething and i saw where a lil "plug" was trying to peep thru his lower gums. i miss him already.

11 comments:

jane said...

Well, you're clean & the little guy isn't coming over. damn. Doesn't it feel good to get into bed CLEAN tho?
Alrighty, I gotta read your other posts now. :)

Marie said...

I feel like that too these days. I don't want to shower, brush my teeth or even shave my legs. Chronic depression really sucks major ass!

Went to pdoc today and he thinks I may be bipolar.(see latest post). He put me on Depakote. I am crossing my fingers that it works.

I impatiently wait for the day when I will be accurately diagnosed. Until that day, back into the trenches!

Joel said...

You got a short fat body? I've got a tall fat body. More to clean.

Those mood stabilizers suck. Just be thankful that your shrink doesn't prescribe Zyprexa. (Chomp chomp, chew chew)

But man, how good a shower can feel. Let that water come down over all your exterior body parts and let it flow through your scalp. If it doesn't lift you out of a depression, it can take one more nasty thought out of your head -- "I'm a slob".

Yep, we love showers here. But sometimes -- we don't.

My sympathies about your condition.

Miss Defective said...

I wondered what that funky smell was wafting out of the southeast..LOL. All kidding aside tho, I'm glad you forced yourself into the shower, I know it had to have felt good. I've actually been doing fairly well and take a shower about 3 times a week. Though there are still times I get in that rut and don't want to deal with bathing. I guess being so busy and getting out of the house a lot lately helps. At times I don't care if I stink or what others think, but for the groups I'm in, I for some reason feel the need to make a good impression so I go in looking all nice & stuff. As if the other crazies in the groups care what my fat ass looks like. Anyway, take care of you! Shower again tomorrow, you'll enjoy it.

mizeeyore said...

Joel: i'm more of a bath person...ever since i saw "Psycho" as a kid i've been "shower challenged" LOL. but yes, it does feel good. and btw i wound up keeping Scootie Bug after all today. thanks for posting :)

Sid: LOL! same here...when i know i have a T and pdoc appt, i dont think they'd appreciate a funky woman, altho i've seen a few while sitting in the waiting area....

as i told Joel, i'm a bath person. since watching "Psycho" as a kid, i've been traumatized ever since LOL
take care of you too! :)

Nicole said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is cleanliness-challenged! All I can think about in the shower (once a week usually) is "I can't wait to get out only x more body parts to go!"

mizeeyore said...

Princess: LOL i like that one--"cleanliness-challenged"
glad i'm not alone with this one!

Hugs!
((((((((((((Princess)))))))))))))

Sandi K said...

I dont' normally go to the funk side.. but when I am depressed, I figure, what the hell.. maybe if I am funky no one will bother me.
Plus I am afraid that if I get in the bathtub I may drown my damn self. OK I am not actually afraid.. It's just that when the doctors ask if you have a "Plan" to harm yourself I think that Drowning my soap would qualify. I am actually a very clean person. But somedays...

LOL

GLAD YOU WASHED YO ASS!
now I guess I shall have to do the same. damnit

mizeeyore said...

MsP: LMAO! yes girl go get "de-funktified" LOL

Joel said...

mize: I just keep the bathroom door closed so the cats won't bounce in and get mad about getting their paws all wet.

mizeeyore said...

Joel: LOL!