Wednesday, December 21, 2005

miracles do happen

i got a wonderful surprise when i went to check my mailbox. i got a Christmas card from my sister in Pennsylvania and when i opened the card she had added a check for $25! now i know to some of y'all may say $25 aint much, but to me, it's like $2500 dollars for somebody as broke as i am right now. i'm gonna deposit this check into my $-14.00 overdrawn new checking account and hope that it will clear away that overdraft, and bring me into a positive balance of about $11.00.

i would have never expected that from my sister, and i am going to call her and thank her for her generosity.

i know some of y'all arent believers in God, but i know y'all know that miracles can happen when we least expect them, and to me, this was a wonderful miracle.

9 comments:

Marie said...

You are $25 richer than you were before. I am still waiting for my "Christmas" present. Whatever it is I do not know. I am hoping I won the poetry contest, $1000 would be a present indeed.

Both of us know being broke really sucks ass during the holidays. I can't stand living like this anymore. Ugh!

Spend the money on yourself if you can.

mizeeyore said...

Marie: yeah it sucks but i'm gonna hurry up and put that check in my bank before i do spend it on something that i actually dont need right now LOL

i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya regarding the poetry contest *smile* in my book, you are already a winner :)

Nicole said...

Miz E,
I've just gone thru your blog and read what I've missed since I went away. First of all, congrats on "coming out". I am a Christian and I am not afraid to be your friend, I'm quite proud, actually! You put yourself right out there, not afraid to share with us. You're caring and loving and have great faith. You're there for anyone who needs a shoulder (thank you, by the way). You are intelligent and creative. I'm so glad that we've *met*, you're a wonderful blogfriend!!!

:* Princess

mizeeyore said...

Princess: first of all WELCOME BACK!!! thank you for your warm and kind words...they mean a lot. when it comes to friendship, as i said, i dont discriminate. i'm so glad that we *met* too, and i look forward to meeting both you and Sid in person soon!

Sweetie, please take good care of yourself. i certainly hope you're feeling better, because you were truly missed!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!
((((((((((((Princess)))))))))))))

have a wonderful Christmas and let's all pray for a better New Year.

genelle

Maggs said...

What a wonderful gift!!!

Oh, and I can't believe you wouldn't want a chia pet. Um, I already mailed one to you.

mizeeyore said...

Maggs: ROFLMAO *shh dont tell nobody i collect 'em in secret LOL*

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

THAT IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!! (sings)...You're in the money, you're in the money!! I agree with you that IS a lot of money!

Joel said...

Yeah, gotta love the money when it comes when you need it most....kind of like how good hamburger tastes when you've been starving....

mizeeyore said...

James: yes it is awesome! i never ever expected or thought my sister would do something like that *feels tears welling up*

Joel: yeah no kiddin!