Tuesday, December 06, 2005

life goes on....

well i guess it's official. V, the woman who i had become friends with called me today and told me that she couldnt remain friends with me knowing what she does about my bisexuality, that she doesnt want to accept it because it goes against her Christian beliefs that it is wrong. *sigh*

somehow i knew it was coming. and you know what? i really dont feel bad about it at all. she has every right to feel or believe the way she chooses and i also have the right to be me and love God in my own way. so it's cool. all i can say is i wish her well on her "spiritual journey" and that she finds happiness and true love with a man who will treat her with love, respect, affirmation, edification and hold her in high esteem.

ok. nicey nice's are over. to be brutally honest, i'm GLAD it's over. i was getting tired of hearing about how this man did this and this guy did or said something that hurt her feelings. i tried my best to be a good listening ear, and never ONCE did i pass judgement on her. i knew she is still struggling with her illnesses, and i am very aware that with the illnesses she has a person can have poor judgement in certain situations, which will cause them to behave in a self-destructive manner. yet, still i listened, and i listened with an open mind. but hey, it's all good. if i dont ever have another female friend, so be it. i'm happy with my blogging friends--EXTREMELY happy! i feel you guys understand better than any friends i could have and are blessed to have. no matter how we communicate with each other, be it thru our blogs, email, IM or whatever, YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL TO ME.

and that being said.....life goes on.

9 comments:

Marie said...

Don't sweat it! You have us. I personally cannot stand these "holy roller" types. Thoes people don't live in the real world anyway. Check out my latest post. It is appropriate. Religious fanatics Ugh!

Miss Defective said...

A true friend doesn't care about things like sexual orientation. I say you're better off without her. Just remember it's HER issue, and that there's nothing wrong with being bisexual.

Hugs,
Sid

Joel said...

You are who you are. As long as you don't sexually exploit others (and gays and heteros listen up, too) you are a good person in my book.

I had a friendship that fell on the wayside because the Christian woman couldn't get it through her head that it was possible to have a man as a friend. No sex sought on this side. Severe mixed messages there and in the end I had to end it for my own sanity.

Does she have any less right to live? No. I hope she thrives and prospers. And whether she wishes the same for me is none of my business.

Live on!

Joel said...

Wow, Sid. That synchronous posting is creepy. How do you do it? :)

mrshellonheels said...

One sided friendships suck. You don't need her.

dan said...

God made you beautiful. Who is anyone to question His design?

;)

mizeeyore said...

Anelize: thank you. that's exactly how i feel too.

Marie: yes the fanatics i've found usually have some dirty little secrets of their own while trying to "save" everybody else. i will check out your post.

Sid: my point exactly. i wish her well.

Joel: thank you. i would NEVER sexually exploit ANYONE. as i said in my post, she has the right to believe the way she sees fit, and i have the right to live and believe the way i see fit.

Mrs: Yeah, i'm beginning to see one-sided friendships truly do suck.

Dan: awww. thank you. you are a great guy!

jane said...

My gosh do I ever hear you on this one. First of all, I don't think she was ever a true friend.
My sister is a Christian & also gay. It's sad because she still believes her love is wrong...I don't understand her reasoning, but I do understand how she can think she's in the wrong. We're taught the bible is 100% infallible & so how can anything it says be wrong? ugh
I've got some issues with the bible.
I agree about blogger friendship. I'll take them anyday!

mizeeyore said...

Jane: me too! Blogger friends are COOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!

i too, have some issues with the Bible...from what i've read of it, i havent seen it spelled out emphatically that "homosexuality is a sin"....

glad to have met you thru Blogland!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!
(((((((((((((Jane))))))))))))))