Friday, December 09, 2005

(heart)breaking news....

well, i guess i wont be keeping Scootie Bug no more *sad face*. his mommy got fired from her job today, and the bitch of it all is she got canned before Christmas. the poor child had been crying and was terribly upset. my heart goes out to her. i actually feel guilty for her paying me but i know she would insist that i take it. she has a b/f that lives with her and Scootie Bug, so i hope that he steps up to the plate and handle the business.

i'll still offer to keep Scootie Bug sometimes anyway, because i've come to love his lil adorable self. his mommy says she's still gonna try and find another job and apply for unemployment in the interim. i'm sure she'll luck up tho...this is the season a lot of places hire seasonal workers. hell if my arthritis didnt give me such grief, i'd try and find something too.

y'all please understand that i'm not trying to be selfish...i honestly feel awful my "granddaughter" as i have adopted her as such lost her job three weeks b4 Xmas. i can imagine her hurt and disappointment. so i'll let you all help me out here....


she paid me $25.00 -- should i give it back to her?

5 comments:

Miss Defective said...

I'm sorry she lost her job. That really stinks to get canned just before xmas. Hope she finds something new soon. If she has an office skills, I'd tell her to hit all the temp agencies. They usually need extra people around the holidays and they typically pay more than working at a store would.

If you don't need the $25, can get by without it, I would return it. Maybe once she gets another job, and has the income to, she'll pay you a little extra for watching her baby. Or maybe you could buy a $25 gift card for the grocery store or buy diapers or something for the baby with it.

Ok, I'm no help, I had too many suggestions. Someone else help here...lol.

Marie said...

I am sorry she lost her job. That really bites. I can relate here, I lost my job the week before Thanksgiving. Bastards! Does anybody give a shit-no most corporations only care about their bottom line and that's it! Fuckers

I am hopeful she will land on her feet!

I am sad that you will be missing Scottie Bug. I love kids (check out list). They are so innocent and they keep things simple in a complicated world. Feel better soon!

(((((( Miz Eeyore)))))

dissok said...

Oh geez, that is rotten luck and even worse timing. I hope she picks up some more work soon. Does the boyfriend have a job? Hopefully he earns enough to keep the family going for a while.

I can imagine that you will really miss having Scootie Bug on a regular basis. :(

As for the $25, that is a toughie. I'm not sure what I would do if I was in the same situation. I like the mass defective's suggestion of the $25 gift card if you can spare the cash.

mizeeyore said...

Sid: thanks for the suggestions; however, i'm kinda strapped for cash right now myself, and keeping Scootie Bug was at least giving me a little extra money since Disability stopped the checks for my youngest daughter when she turned 18. but i will tell her about the temp agencies. Thanks!

Marie: yeah it sucks the big one (see pic below LOL). and yeah i will miss keeping ScootieBug. the little money i got for keeping him helped me out a lot, but i know for his mommy this couldnt have came at a worser time.

Kym: yeah as far as i know her boyfriend does have a job. i will definitely miss keeping ScootieBug. he's become so precious to me and the extra money helped to keep us going here.

Thanks everybody.

Joel said...

It has nothing to do with being bipolar. It's this wonderful new economy that we have. Businessmen love to celebrate Christmas by cutting costs and buying themselves new toys.