Wednesday, December 14, 2005

queer eye for Bi Pride


i have been tweaking up the look of my blog most of the evening. i also came up on a site that has LGBT Pride clip art and graphics, and i found these two cool clip art pieces -- the Bi Pride flag and the Bi Pride banner. i figured this was as good a place as any to "come out" LOL

i wanted to get the banner onto my sidebar along with the flag, but every time i tried it my links, archives and previous posts got pulled down to the bottom of my blog - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. so, i figured putting up the flag was as good as it was gonna get. for those of you who are "curious" (pardon the pun LOL) about the colors of BiPride, the colors are a mix of hot pink (or fuschia), purple and royal blue, altho from visiting some personal web pages created by bi people they also include the Rainbow flag as well. so now everybody in the Blogosphere knows i play for both teams *grins*

the symbolism for the BiPride colors are this: the pink color represents attraction to the same sex (male/male, female/female), the blue represents attraction to the opposite sexes, and lastly the purple overlaps into attraction to both sexes:

female/female/male

male/male/female

Prince's "symbol" has been adopted by a lot of bi individuals as well. hmmm....so that's why he liked "purple" so much LOL!

4 comments:

dan said...

Good for you! Be proud of who you are. It beats disliking yourself anyday...

And I'm sure there's a ton of people in the blogosphere who can help you get that flag in the right place on the sidebar if you want it there... ;)

mizeeyore said...

Dan: thank you! the BiPride flag is waving proudly in my sidebar along with a "Homophobia Is A Social Disease" tag and a "PRIDE" thingy too *grins*

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I love the flag!! I may have to wave it over my house. Hehe..

Joel said...

I could wave it over my condo -- just would have to make sure I didn't tell the neighbors what it meant. I can almost throw stones at Rick Warren's church.