Saturday, December 24, 2005

i made it thru last night..thanks to Sid *smile*

as previously mentioned, last night was my best buddy's birthday party. in the beginning i was quite reluctant to go, because i have been used to being a hermit and not wanting to interact with the outside world.

thanks to Sid, who talked me thru it last night, i did go and had a great time. it was good to be out and in a festive place and just kick it and have some fun. i did some dancing, a lot of laughing and i gotta say i kinda felt like my old self again. the birthday boy seemed like he too was having fun, and there was plenty of food as well as his birthday cake. so Sid, thank you for giving me that extra push to go out and have some fun.

well, next Friday is my birthday. my oldest daughter says she has a surprise for me (darn, i couldnt get her to tell me what it was LOL).

am i gonna go out and have fun on my birthday? damn sure is...and the next night for the New Year's Eve party too!

to everyone i have come to know thru Blogland, i wish a very Merry Christmas (to the traditionalists *smile*), Happy Holidays (to the non-traditionalists *smile*), for my friends of the Hebrew faith, Happy Hannukah (or Chanukkah), and to my African-American sisters and brothers, Happy Kwanzaa (btw i will be posting the "The Seven Principles of Kwanzaa" for each day starting December 26 on thru to January 1); however, if you would like to learn more about Kwanzaa, at your leisure, i have posted "The Official Kwanzaa Website" link, and you can click on it and find out more information.

most of all it is my deepest wish that we all have a peaceful, positive, prosperous and blessed New Year.

8 comments:

broke said...

Amen to that!
Bx

Marie said...

Genelle, glad to read you had a good time at the party. It is really cool to have a good support system. I will have to get Yahoo IM so I can chat with you and Sid.

I don't know if you and Sid know, but there is a blogger playdate being planned for sometime next year. It looks like it will be in Chicago. Depending on my financial situation I may be able to attend and hopefully meet you, sid and princess.

Have a very Merry Christmas my friend!

Joel said...

Can agnostics say Amen?

Joel said...

Oh and check this out:

http://kathymcmahon.blogspot.com/2005/12/infant-discovered-in-barn-child.html

mizeeyore said...

Joel: you can say anything you like here *smile*

Marie: thanks girl. same to you and you'rn *smile*

Broke: thanks.

Squid: ty my friend. you are a good egg *wink*

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Happy upcoming birthday and Kwanzaa to you!! Wish i could celebrate both with you in person.

Glad that Sid was there to talk you through your rought patch.

Cheers!

Miss Defective said...

Glad I was online at the right time to help you out. Thanks for the reversal of roles the next nite & you helping me out last nite. Thanks!!
Hugs,
Sid

mizeeyore said...

J-man: you will be celebrating with me in Spirit *smile*

Sid: anytime hon! THANK YOU for giving me that extra push to get out! hope you and the kiddie have a great holiday!
((((((((((((Sid & daughter))))))))))))