Thursday, December 08, 2005

"let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."


This is my oldest daughter, Aqueelah, age 26 sitting at the computer in our kitchen. she was a "Blizzard '79' baby *grins* (sorry fellas, she's taken already *smile*)

so i spose those of y'all from Chicago wishing for a "white" Christmas, well you got your wish. GRRRRRRRRRR. and i have a T and pdoc appointment tomorrow. great. wonderful. lucky me, i get to walk thru all that shit to the bus stop going and coming. aint gonna happen. i'm stayin' right here in my nice warm house.

there used to be a time when i loved snow--as a child. i remember the first blizzard we had in 1967. the WHOLE CITY was shut down. most schools were closed and for those commuting to and from work, it was a hugantic, ginormous (yeah i stole these words from Bruce Almighty) mess. cars were buried beneath the snow, and i remember asking my mama if i could go out and play in the snow. she said yes, and bundled me up good and out the door i went. i made a pitiful snowman, and made snow angels by lying on my back and waving my arms and legs. thankfully it wasnt biting cold out and i stayed out there until mama called me in to eat dinner.

then we got smacked down with another blizzard in 1979. during that time i was pregnant with my oldest daughter, Aqueelah, (see pic above--isnt she pretty!) who blessed the world with her presence on February 23, 1979, weighing in at 8 pounds, 6 ounces. she along with my youngest (sorry i dont have pics of her yet, but will get some soon) are the joys of my life, and i dont know what i would do without them. /so it's snowing big time now. it's pretty to look at, but hell to get around in-especially when you are an old bag of bones like me LOL. after the T and pdoc appt, unless it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for me to go out, i will be keeping my little shawt fat azz right here in the warmth of my apartment.

somehow i get the feeling we just MIGHT have another blizzard....

9 comments:

Marie said...

I am originally from Boston. I know all too well about the "white christmas" shit. All I really miss is making snow angles. I do not miss winter at all. Yippie!

Make sure you have plenty of candles, batteries and water on hand. They can be life savers!

Take care girl!

mizeeyore said...

Squid: you are a trip LOL!

Marie: oh no doubt about it. i have braved Chicago winters for years so i know what to do *wink*

you take care too hon! :)

Miss Defective said...

Very pretty pic, it's nice to finally have a face to put with the font...lol There's no way you're as old as you say! I'd guess maybe 35 at most.

I'm one of those wishing for a white christmas...ok, i'll admit, I'm really wishing for it to snow a lot between now and at least mid-March, but I'm a crazy person yanno and I love snow.

I don't remember the blizzard of '67, but apparently my parents were snowed in and getting their freak on cuz I was born 9 months later! I do remember the one in '79 though. We have pics of the snow piled up to the roof. I hated that winter cuz we didn't own a snow blower, so we had to shovel all that shit & it was a heavy snow.

Keep warm & take care of you!

mizeeyore said...

Sid: LOL that pic is of my oldest daughter, but thanks for the comments!

Miss Defective said...

Ok, so I'm a complete idiot..lol. I was reading your blog while half asleep. That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!! Your daughter is very pretty.

Marie said...

Your daughter is very pretty.

mizeeyore said...

Sid: aww, thank you.

Marie: awww, thank you too!

Sandi K said...

How did I miss this??? She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

mizeeyore said...

Ms P: she didnt get it from me LOL

j/k yes she is a beautiful woman, both inside and out, which is why i love her so much *smile*